Escape Respirator User Training
Who should attend the course?
This course is aimed at all people involved in the selection, wearing, storage and maintenance of Escape respirators.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, attendees will:
- Understand the theory why respiratory equipment is required
- Be able to correctly wear escape respirator in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions
- Carry out pre use checks on the escape respirator
- Be able to inspect escape respirators monthly and record findings in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations
Confirmation of understanding
A practical assessment on the wearing of the face mask and a written test.
(Face Fit Testing is required separately for tight fitting facepieces).
- Why is Respiratory protection needed?
- Hazards, Risks of Exposure
- Types of Respiratory Protective Equipment Available
- Description of Escape Set
- Donning and Doffing of Escape Set
- Maintenance and Inspection
- Cleaning, storage and housekeeping
- This course follows the HSG53 requirements for respiratory training.
This is a course delivered on the client’s site for a maximum of 10 people per session.
Length of course
Number of Delegates
Up to 10 Delegates