Powered Air Respirator User Training
4A powered air-purifying respirator (PAPR) uses a battery-powered blower to continuously draw air through the filter or cartridge
and deliver it to the facepiece. It is easier to breathe with a PAPR.
Who should attend the course?
This course is aimed at all people involved in the selection, wearing, storage and maintenance of powered respirators.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course, attendees will:
- Understand the theory why respiratory equipment is required
- Be able to correctly fit powered respirator in accordance to manufacturer’s instructions
- Understand different filters and when to change them
- Carry out pre use checks on the powered respirator
- Be able to inspect powered respirators monthly and record findings in accordance with Control of Substances Hazardous
to Health Regulations
- Confirmation of understanding
- Practical Assessment & Written Paper (Face Fit Testing is required separately for tight fitting face pieces).
- Reason for Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Hazards and Risks of Exposure
- Working Principle of Powered Respiratory Protective Equipment
- Types of Filter available
- Correct fitting and pre use Checks
- Aftercare, Cleaning and Storage
- Responsibilities of Employee
- This course follows the HSG53 requirements for respiratory training.
This is a course delivered on the client’s site for a maximum of 10 people per session.
Length of course
Click here to find out more information on our Fit Testing Training Course